In 2000 Dav began teaching mindfulness in the wider community in Coventry and the surrounding areas. Dav worked with BetweenMeandYOU SEWA, (http://www.symran.com/testimonials/) a charity focusing on mental health within the Asian community. Dav delivered the first mindfulness based courses for stress, depression, anxiety and pain incorporating religious sensitivities and cultural understandings. The courses were delivered for English, Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu speakers. Regular classes were established across several community organisations.
Mindfulness meditation is the central path in all consciousness based Indic traditions. Those who have been practicing mindfulness meditation for several thousand years, have accumulated a wealth of knowledge based on their experiences that provide the approach to mindfulness, embedded in wisdom, effort and ethics. Without these, mindfulness is the blind leading the blind.
Without direct lineage to an authentic teacher and at least 10 years of personal practice, no-one should not be teaching. Knowing the power of mindfulness in unlocking the human potential, potential to release emotional charge, the impact, can be constructive and healthy, or unhealthy and destructive. Teaching the technique without understanding the nature of reality, ethics and wisdom, it is merely the blind leading the blind.
Teaching mindfulness comes with a responsibility. Enabling individuals to access states of consciousness beyond the comfort of their mind, and then leaving them to it, is both irresponsible and potentially dangerous.
The Flame, Centre of mindfulness, holistic health and wellbeing. – A self-sustaining, not for profit organisation dedicated to improving individual Health, Wellbeing and Sacred Sense of Self through Self-empowerment, Right-Mindfulness and other Holistic based therapies.
Dav is the co-founder of the Flame centre for mindfulness, holistic health and wellbeing. The centre provides a holistic approach to health and wellbeing. The Centre has organized 4 national and highly successful mindfulness events at Coventry Cathedral. The Centre has provide mindfulness based health intervention to over 14,000 people in Coventry and surrounding areas.
The Flame has played a major role in the psycho-hygiene of the community.
• To support and promote the research and application of mindfulness and related holistic therapies and services.
• To improve the lives, health and wellbeing of those affected by physical, mental, emotional issues and spiritual emergence.
• To encourage community spirit, cooperation and interconnectedness at an individual, local, national and international level.
• To challenge perspectives around mindfulness, transpersonal development and holistic forms of services and therapies created to achieve self-empowerment and lasting self-awareness.
• To prevent and alleviate human suffering by utilising the power of mindfulness and related holistic practices.
Free 8 week Mindfulness Course for local charity
Mindfulness meditation at AIMHS
“Dav Panesar is delivering Mindfulness training through AIMHS at the Koco Building. There has been lots of positive feedback.”